Ernesto Valverde has admitted that he is feeling “very angry” after Barcelona’s unbeaten 43-game record came to an end in their shocking 5-4 defeat to Levante on Sunday nightThe Catalan giants were looking to complete an entire season unbeaten in La Liga, but fell to the lowly Levante on their penultimate encounter.The 15th-placed side moved into a 5-1 lead, thanks to a hat-trick from Emmanuel Boateng and Enis Bardhi’s brace.While Philippe Coutinho scored a hat-trick of his own and Luis Suarez netted a penalty, it proved to be not enough as Barcelona fell to their first league defeat in 44 games.“I feel very angry but I have to look forward because what makes me angry isn’t going to give me solutions,” said Valverde, according to Sport.Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.“It was a surprising game, because of the result and how it came about. [Levante] are in very good form, they are very effective, they started the game really well and caused us a lot of damage on the counter-attack.”January signing Yerry Mina started the match and, while conceding that the team’s defensive performance was “terrible”, Valverde defended the young Colombian.“You see the result, the goals conceded, and think the defence was terrible,” said the boss.“But I think [Mina] showed personality in certain moments of the game. I didn’t think he was bad. You have to give credit to the effectiveness of the opposition.”
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl event This ban seems to be an overreaction to well-intentioned acts by people who want the same things the Army presumably wants – to keep soldiers safe as they do the dangerous work of securing democracy in Iraq. It’s great if the military is able to provide better body armor for all its soldiers. But as yet, that hasn’t been demonstrated to be the case. Until then, the Pentagon owes it to the families who have proudly sent their sons, daughters, husbands, wives, brothers or sisters to Iraq to find some middle ground. IN the early stages of the Iraq war, the military was criticized for sending soldiers into battle with substandard equipment. The body armor was a particular cause for upset among some soldiers’ families. And military officials admitted that some of those troops in Iraq had protective gear of a lesser quality than others. In addition, a Pentagon study earlier this year found that many soldiers who died would have been saved by better protective gear. The families and friends of soldiers responded in a very American way – they raised money to buy body armor and ship it overseas to protect their loved ones. On Thursday, however, the Pentagon said that soldiers will no longer be able to wear privately purchased body armor. The reason: Military officials are concerned that some of the armor being sent by families isn’t up to military standards, though they have offered no evidence. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!