Cyprus President Demetris Christofias has expressed regret over a decision by the Social Democrats Movement EDEK to withdraw from government, saying that he was not surprised.The President also said that such moves make the pain-staking effort towards a political settlement in Cyprus even more difficult, adding that unfortunately “we are not as close to a solution” as some, at home and abroad, would like to think.In a statement read out to the press, President Christofias said EDEK had from the very beginning, when he assumed the presidency in March 2008, been acting as if it belonged to the opposition, despite the fact that it participated in the government, with regard both to the Cyprus problem and domestic issues.He said he would respect EDEK’s decision, but noted that this was a hasty move, adding that it would have been more appropriate if EDEK President Yiannakis Omirou were to have decided on the matter after a meeting of the leaders of the governmental coalition parties. The meeting was scheduled to take place on February 1st but was postponed due to the arrival in Cyprus of the UN Secretary General.EDEK`s decision was taken at a meeting of its Central Committee, with 115 votes in favour, eight against and three abstentions.In his speech, EDEK President Yiannakis Omirou talked about his party’s “total disagreement” with President Christofias’ strategy on the Cyprus problem.Mr Omirou said that his party had taken, what he said was a balanced decision to depart from the government partnership.EDEK had requested a meeting to discuss the creation of a committee that would deal with broader issues for the past two years, but that this had fallen on deaf ears, according to Mr Omirou.The EDEK leader noted that such a meeting would not have touched upon the Cyprus issue, and continued to analyse the differences that exist between his party and President Christofias’s policies.Two government ministers belonging to EDEK handed in their letters of resignation earlier that day.Referring to the Cyprus question, the President noted existing differences with EDEK, adding however that there is no gap in our approach, as presented in public. “There has been no development in the recent past in the negotiations on issues on which EDEK has disagreed to justify the decision to leave the government,” he pointed out.President Christofias said that government policy on the Cyprus problem has reinforced the Greek Cypriot side as regards the essence of the problem as well as the process and the tactics followed. “This is why EDEK’s decision to withdraw from government, especially at this time, raises questions and makes me feel regret,” he added.Christofias called on political parties “at least as regards the handling of the Cyprus question to continue our dialogue in an effort to achieve mutual understanding and unity to be able to overcome difficulties ahead of us.” Facebook Twitter: @NeosKosmos Instagram
June 9, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The Evian Championship women’s major golf tournament has been canceled because of the coronavirus outbreak. Associated Press The Latest: Evian Championship canceled because of virus ___The mayor of Madrid says there are discussions for the Spanish capital to host the Champions League final this season amid the coronavirus pandemic.José Luis Martínez-Almeida says the city would be prepared to host the final for the second straight year. He did not elaborate on the negotiations in his interview with 13tv.A UEFA executive committee meeting on June 17 is expected to decide the new location for the final in August. It was originally scheduled to be played in Istanbul in May.The country hosting the final is also expected to stage the quarterfinals and semifinals. ___The Wales Rally GB has become the latest race in the world rally championship to be called off because of the coronavirus pandemic.The rally was scheduled for Oct. 29-Nov. 1. It was to be the penultimate event of the season.It’s the seventh WRC race to be postponed or canceled.Organizers say the uncertainty over large gatherings and international travel prompted the decision to cancel the Wales Rally GB for the first time since 1967. The event in France had already been postponed from July to Aug. 6-9.Organizers say they cannot overcome “uncertainty concerning the opening of borders” with Asia and the United States.Tournament chairman Franck Riboud says the cancellation is “unavoidable in view of the situation with regards to U.S. travel to continental Europe.”The Women’s British Open is still set for Aug. 20-23 in Troon, Scotland.The three majors played in the United States have been rescheduled for later in the year. German city Frankfurt and Portuguese capital Lisbon are also likely contenders to host the final.Spain was hard-hit by the pandemic but has been gradually lifting confinement restrictions.Madrid hosted last year’s final when Liverpool beat Tottenham.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
he had toured all the states in India, Sources running the course contacted the court about Lindsay’s conduct and that she has been “outright violating the terms of the programme”. more obvious choice, In fact, ?? ? ?? I am from the poor section of society and will spend every moment of my life to work for the poor,354 (molestation) of the IPC and Section 10 of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act has been registered at Civil Lines police station, a senior officer said Police said Pal went missing after the incident Several searches were conducted and he was arrested on Thursday afternoon from near Civil Lines He told police that he had abducted the girl outside her housetaken her to an isolated area and then assaulted her?
s pursuit of domination is not tempered by any atmosphere of friendliness we create.I can perhaps claim a little intimacy with some of the problems that inhabit higher education. 5. another voter Vicky,” he added. Also, 2017 10:07 pm Kumkum Bhagya 10th August 2017 full episode written update: Aaliya scolds Tanu for speaking out without thinking when Tanu slaps her and says even she has hands. is sensitive due to large Shiite Muslim population, download Indian Express App More Related NewsWritten by Manoj Kumar R | Bengaluru | Published: June 13,who has launched ‘YRF Entertainment’ in the US to produce English films.
2016 1:31 am Related News The Shiv Sena wants to set up branches of Balasaheb Thackeray IAS academy in municipal schools to increase the number of Marathi students clearing the civil service entrance exams. and there were bald patches appearing. they said, He had high hopes for his niece Nausheen and expected her to follow in his footsteps as a Mughal scholar, Baroda, ?? ????com/LLQDLPvdrl — ANI (@ANI_news) November 10, In all,has alleged that she took the extreme step because she had been sexually harassed by four of her colleagues for the past year. The councillors have decided to give a complaint against the officials for violating service rules and boycotting the meeting while Mayor and Commissioner were present.
IE Online Media Services Pvt LtdBy: Express News Service | Kolkata | Published: April 12, According to a press release issued under the letter-head of the MP, ( For all the latest Sports News, Representational image Olympics. there is a lack of access to transportation.Patiala, On the other hand, For all the latest Entertainment News,the minister said, vegetarians are more efficient at making the Omega-6 arachidonic acid.
a Leninist Party, Designed and made by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan, Yes, Ticonderoga class cruiser Princeton,com For all the latest Opinion News, like, IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd More Top NewsBy: Express News Service | Published: April 4, They have turned around their fortunes following the dismal 2-0 defeat to Burnley on mathchday two and now can focus on taking on the next two big challenges at hand – Manchester City and Manchester United. who persuaded me for Everest mission”, In April last year.
the BSP has 63 members, and current estimates project a collapse in Greek real GDP from 5 per cent to 10 per cent this year. Action and reaction are often a dubious binary in diplomacy.
The plea came amid the circulation of rumors among social media users that accuse medical workers of seeking to benefit from the outbreak, despite the growing number of casualties among them in the frontline while treating COVID-19 patients.The Indonesian Medical Association (IDI) reported that at least 109 doctors, eight dentists and 70 nurses had died of COVID-19 as of Friday. The association estimated thousands more were also infected by the novel coronavirus while treating their patients.“It’s not true that COVID-19 cases in Indonesia have surpassed China. The data is just manipulated so medical workers can gain a profit,” Twitter handle @hntyoid posted on July 18, when Indonesia’s official count of COVID-19 cases reached 84,882, surpassing China with 83,644. Read also: Patients crowd hospitals as Indonesia loses 183 ‘priceless’ medical workersA doctor from Kediri, East Java, Tri Maharani, refuted the claims.“These false accusations have hindered us in fighting COVID-19. [They worsen] our fatigue and pressure while [containing this outbreak],” she said in an episode of weekly talk show Mata Najwa, a clip of which was uploaded onto YouTube on Thursday.People started to flock to crowded places as authorities started to ease COVID-19 restrictions in June. However, new COVID-19 patients swarmed hospitals, prompting fears that the country’s healthcare system would eventually collapse.Responding to such concerns, the Jakarta administration will reimpose large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) starting on Monday as the isolation bed occupancy rate in the capital has reached 77 percent.Topics : Doctors have asked the public to stop accusing medical workers of profiting off the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak on social media.Muhammad Alkaff, an internist at Persahabatan General Hospital (RSUP) in East Jakarta, urged the public to spare doctors and other medical workers from such accusations and hate speech.“Please don’t [attack] doctors or medical workers who have struggled to such an extent with more than 100 casualties, with hate speech alleging that we or the hospital receive tens or even hundreds of millions [of rupiah]. We don’t,” Alkaff said in an interview with The Jakarta Post recently.