View Comments Could Rochelle, Rochelle, the story of a young girl’s strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk, be heading to Broadway for real? Probably not, but Seinfeld creators Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David have been hinting about a “gigantic project” they’re working on together—and according to Showbiz411.com, it’s a Broadway play! Seinfeld and David first teamed up in 1988 to write an NBC pilot called The Seinfeld Chronicles. The series, renamed Seinfeld, went on to become one of the most successful TV shows in history, garnering 30 Emmy nominations over nine seasons. David won a primetime Emmy Award for his episode The Contest in 1993. Seinfeld is currently the star of the web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and the ninth season of David’s HBO series Curb Your Enthusiasm is currently in the works. David revealed that the new play would “maybe” star Seinfeld, but he also might direct or produce. “We’re talking about it,” the Curb Your Enthusiasm creator said. No additional details about the project have been announced, but we’ve got our fingers crossed it’s La Cocina, George Costanza’s popular off-Broadway play about a Mexican chef who cooks tamales onstage.
ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr At the July meeting of the NCUA Board, the Board voted to finalize the fidelity bond rule proposed in November 2018. It was published in the Federal Register on July 24, 2019 at 84 Fed. Reg. 35517.A fidelity bond is a form of insurance that covers against losses that might be incurred due to fraud or acts of dishonesty caused by specific individuals, like credit union staff or volunteers. Section 120 of the Federal Credit Union Act requires credit unions to obtain fidelity bonds regarding “every person appointed or elected” by an FCU “to any position requiring the receipt, payment or custody of money or other personal property” of the FCU. The NCUA Board is tasked by the FCU Act to establish bond forms and regulatory requirements. The requirements for fidelity bonds can be found in Part 713 of NCUA’s rules and regulations. Federally-insured state-chartered credit unions are also subject to NCUA’s fidelity bond requirements through a cross-reference at section 741.201.The regulatory review of the fidelity bond provisions found several inconsistencies between Part 713 and approved bond forms and outdated provisions, leading to the 2018 proposal.Board and Supervisory Committee ResponsibilitiesThe current rule requires that the credit union’s board of directors annually review its fidelity bond and other insurance coverage to ensure it is adequate. NCUA proposed that the rule further require the board to review applications for purchase or renewal of a fidelity bond. NCUA stated “almost every commenter objected” to this requirement on the basis that it was unnecessary and too time intensive. NCUA disagreed and finalized it anyway. continue reading »
Boris Johnson left hospital on Sunday to convalesce from coronavirus at Chequers, the country estate of British prime ministers, officials said, a week after he was admitted and then spent three days in intensive care.The 55-year-old leader will not be immediately returning to work, on the advice of his medical staff, a Downing Street spokesman said.”The PM has been discharged from hospital to continue his recovery at Chequers,” he said. “He wishes to thank everybody at St Thomas’ [Hospital] for the brilliant care he has received.”All of his thoughts are with those affected by this illness.”Johnson, who was admitted to the state-run central London hospital last Sunday and spent Monday to Thursday in its intensive care unit, had earlier voiced his gratitude to his carers there.”I can’t thank them enough. I owe them my life,” he said in a first public statement since leaving intensive care. The news of his continued improvement contrasted with the overall picture across Britain, as it braces to pass the grim milestone of 10,000 hospital deaths from COVID-19.The country is now seeing daily death tolls to match those previously seen in Europe’s hardest-hit nations Italy and Spain, after recording nearly 1,000 fatalities on each of the last two days.Despite hopes of hitting a peak, the actual figure may be far higher as the count does not include those who have died in care homes and the community.However, the overall latest number of British hospital deaths — 9,875 — remains well short of the totals in Italy, Spain and the United States. Globally, the death toll from the virus soared past 109,000 this weekend, with more than 1.7 million reported infections. Britain’s tally of confirmed cases has climbed close to 80,000, but that is thought to be only a fraction of the true level of infections as testing for the virus has been limited. Johnson is the most high-profile leader to suffer from the coronavirus.It is unclear how quickly he will be able to return to work, with Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab currently deputising for him. Johnson’s pregnant fiancee Carrie Symonds, who also suffered from coronavirus symptoms in recent weeks, thanked his “magnificent” health staff. “I will never, ever be able to repay you and I will never stop thanking you,” she said on Twitter, adding she felt “incredibly lucky”.”There were times last week that were very dark indeed. My heart goes out to all those in similar situations, worried sick about their loved ones.”Stanley Johnson, his father, also praised the medical team. “I realize now — I think the whole country realises — how close he came to a crisis situation,” he said.It remains uncertain when Britain might be able to lift stringent social distancing measures rolled out on March 23.Implemented for an initial three weeks, the lockdown is set for a formal review next week and is likely to remain in place until at least the end of the month.Queen Elizabeth II urged Britons to keep staying home, in what is believed to be her first pre-recorded Easter address, released by Buckingham Palace on Saturday evening.”By keeping apart we keep others safe,” the 93-year-old monarch said. “We know that coronavirus will not overcome us.”Her resolute comments came a week after a rare televised address to the nation in which she told people to unite to beat COVID-19.Meanwhile, the government has been forced to defend its rollout of personal protective equipment (PPE) for medical staff during the pandemic.”We are making sure we get the equipment to the front line,” senior minister Alok Sharma said on Sunday, noting a “squeeze on supply” amid “huge global demand for PPE”.Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirmed Saturday that 19 National Health Service (NHS) staff had died from COVID-19. But he said a lack of PPE was not to blame for any of the cases.However, a senior doctor who has since died pleaded last month on social media with Johnson for better protection against the disease.Meanwhile, evidence is reportedly growing that the pandemic is having a disproportionate impact on people from minority backgrounds, who make up a large proportion of the NHS workforce.Research suggests that more than a third of critically ill coronavirus patients in British hospitals are black, Asian or from another ethnic minority, according to the BBC. Topics :
With the latest figures, Turkey’s fatalities have reached 4,825 and the total number of cases are nearly 180,000.Between April and late May, Turkey was under weekend curfews as the government sought to avoid a full lockdown like in France in a bid to keep the economy going.The Turkish Medical Association (TTB) raised concerns last week over the move to ease restrictions as the reality of the situation in Turkey was not made clear.”We haven’t been able to fully overcome the first wave yet,” Cavit Isik Yavuz, a member of the TTB’s group focused on coronavirus, said during an online press conference.The TTB said on June 12 there was “no evidence” the outbreak had been brought under control, contradicting Turkish officials’ statements last month. Turkey’s health minister on Monday warned citizens against complacency as daily coronavirus cases doubled compared with figures in early June.The country registered 1,592 new cases and 18 COVID-19 deaths for the past 24 hours, Fahrettin Koca said on his official Twitter account.There were 786 infections in a 24-hour period on June 2. At the height of the pandemic, Turkey recorded over 5,000 daily cases in April. Koca’s tweets often remonstrate those ignoring the continued dangers from the pandemic.In capital letters, he wrote on Monday: “The increases are intensifying in certain areas” but did not offer further information.”Will it be complacency or a fight? We will be able to control the spread if we all adhere to the mask and distancing rule,” Koca added in lower case lettering.In recent weeks, Turkey has allowed intercity travel including the resumption of domestic flights, reopened cafes and restaurants, and ended weekend lockdowns. Topics :
The Nigeria Football Federation wednesday declared open the first-ever CAF A –Licence coaching course in Nigeria at the FIFA Technical Centre, Abuja.NFF 2nd Vice President who is also Chairman of the League Management Company, Shehu Dikko, said: “We are very happy that our country is holding this elite coaching course at last. The most recent performances of the Super Eagles may not be heartwarming, but just as Germany did when they were also at a very low ebb several years ago, we have decided to retreat, look earnestly inward and prepare hard to rise again.“We are starting with capacity enhancement of our coaches, through this elite program, believing that this will definitely help the development of our game.”Dikko disclosed that as a result of the improvements being witnessed in the Nigeria Professional Football League, the leadership of Spanish top flight, La Liga, would be visiting Nigeria shortly. “Nigeria football is looking to collaborate with La Liga to develop our game, through exchange of ideas and other things.”Dikko represented NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, at the event.Chairman of the NFF Technical and Development Committee, Christopher Green, charged Nigeria coaches to establish track record through starting from the lower league and rising to the top.“Henceforth, we would take seriously the issue of track record. This is why the NFF is delighted with this course.“We have seen a lot of improvements in our League in recent years. That makes us very happy, but we are determined to continue to enhance the capacity of our coaches in the interest of the Nigeria game,” concludes the barrister at law.Also present at the opening ceremony were NFF Executive Committee member, Alh. Yusuf Ahmed Fresh, NFF Deputy General Secretary, Dr. Emmanuel Ikpeme, National Technical Director Shaibu Amodu and former NFF Technical Director, Kashimawo Laloko (who is a resource person).There were also members of the NFF Technical Committee, including former Nigeria captains Christian Chukwu, Garba Lawal, Mutiu Adepoju and Victor Ikpeba and Chairman of Nasarawa FC, Isaac Danladi.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram