Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter 20-year-old sister is raising her 5 siblings ages 7-15 after the death of their parents Support conservation and fish with NEW Florida specialty license plate From the Orange County Sheriff’s Office You have entered an incorrect email address! Please enter your email address here After both of her parents died just years apart, 20-year-old Samantha Rodriguez had to step into the enormous responsibility of raising her five younger siblings, who range in age from seven to 15.The Orange County Sheriff’s Office Aviation Unit “adopted” the Rodriguez kids in December and gave them a Christmas to remember. When the community heard about the family’s loss, they stepped up in an amazing way and several anonymous donors came together and bought Samantha a car in April 2019.Receiving the car has changed their lives. But there is still a long road ahead for this family. Samantha works as a server at a restaurant and would love to be able to someday put a down payment on a house for her and her siblings, take some college classes, and even save for the kids’ education.We’ve created this gofundme account because so many generous people from across the country have reached out wanting to help. Your kindness, generosity and well wishes continue to be such a blessing to the Rodriguez kids.To donate to the Rodriguez family, go here. Free webinar for job seekers on best interview answers, hosted by Goodwill June 11 To donate to the Rodriguez family, go here. TAGSOrange County Sheriff’s Office Previous articleApopka Police Department: Lock it or lose itNext article5 things every parent needs to teach their kids about saving money Denise Connell RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply Please enter your comment! The Anatomy of Fear Please enter your name here Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
New Middlesbrough manager Garry Monk believes the club “tick all the boxes” he was looking for and is targeting an immediate return to the Premier League following last season’s relegation.Monk has joined Boro on a three-year contract just over two weeks after leaving Leeds following his one-season stay at Elland Road, where he just missed out on a play-off place.The 38-year-old was expected to remain at Leeds beyond the end of the season but talks broke down following Andrea Radrizzani’s takeover, which led to Monk resigning.However, the former Swansea boss is delighted to take charge at the Riverside Stadium and believes the foundations are in place for a promotion push despite a disappointing season in the top flight last year.Monk told a press conference: “I became a manager out of a job and obviously I’m ambitious and want to be working and find that right challenge – that is something I have always wanted.“Speaking to the chairman Steve (Gibson) especially and all the guys at the club, it was that ambition and challenge that ticked all the boxes that I was looking for.“Everything I wanted in terms of the challenge I wanted was clear with Middlesbrough.”Gibson has spoken of his desire to ‘smash’ the Championship next season as Boro look to make their stay outside the top flight as short as possible.If the club manage to keep hold of the majority of their players, and with the possibility of money being available for new signings, then expectations will be high that Boro can bounce back at the first attempt.That will place extra scrutiny on Monk’s head, but he says he is ready to take it all in his stride.He said: “It’s fine. I’ve worked under pressure since I started becoming a manger and that’s how I work best. I think in football nowadays everything, particularly in management, is a high-pressured situation.“That (promotion) is the objective. There’s no getting away from that. That is the challenge that you want, I have signed for three years and I would like to make it at the first attempt but you know as well as me how difficult it is to do that.“You saw that the three teams that went down last season, only one made it back and in previous seasons gone by it has been very difficult for teams to make it back. But one thing that this club is, is that it is equipped, it’s ready and it’s determined to bounce back at the first time of asking.”There has also been plenty of speculation surrounding the future of captain Ben Gibson – who is currently on international duty with England – with several Premier League clubs reportedly interested in the central defender.Monk believes the 24-year-old will have an important role to play – if he remains at the club.“Ben is one of a number of players who are integral to this club and integral to making that step back to the Premier League. Right now, it is about being here, being happy and excited to be here working with these players and maybe adding to the squad,” he said.“The players we have got here have a lot of talent. You look from before, they had a good progression from the club, built its way to the Premier League and shows it’s a club that works in a good way.“The key is to make sure the club refocus and get ready with confidence to come again this season and back into it.”There are ongoing discussions as to whether former Boro interim boss Steve Agnew and coach Jonathan Woodgate will remain at the club, with James Beattie – who worked with Monk at Leeds – linked with a move to the north east.An announcement on Monk’s backroom staff is set to be made later in the week. 1 Garry Monk has signed a three-year deal as Middlesbrough manager
Las Vegas >> Bull rider Colby Demo, from Red Bluff, celebrated his birthday in style Thursday with a new Permit Challenge Champion buckle. Demo was the only cowboy to cover two bulls with 144.5 points total, according to a press release issued Friday by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. He finished second in the first round, with a ride of 76.5 for $368. In the second round, he finished second with a ride of 68 for $497.With the win, Demo is eligible to purchase his rookie card to …
MINNEAPOLIS — Dekoda Watson went on the 49ers injured-reserve list Saturday, a day before he figured to bolster their special teams and help the pass rush in the season opener against the Vikings.Watson, 30, injured a hamstring in practice Friday.An eighth-year veteran, he’s known best for special teams, and he had six tackles on those units last season.A potential replacement on the roster is Pita Taumoepenu, who went on the practice squad Sunday after getting waived. …
A television advert by the International Marketing Council of South Africa, a founding member of the Movement for Good, shows how change for a better South Africa starts with small, everyday actions – and starts with each of us. Click arrow to play video.The advert was first aired in February 2009.
Johannesburg, founded as it was on the rich seam of gold that makes up the Witwatersrand, has long been known as the City of Gold. More than a hundred years since the days of instant fortune in the mining town, it is the top place that African millionaires call their home. Johannesburg is the top city in Africa for dollar millionaires. (Image: Media Club South Africa) Text: Melissa JavanGraphic: Mary AlexanderAlmost half of Africa’s dollar millionaires live in four of South Africa’s cities, according to a report by global research company New World Wealth.The report was released earlier this week. It found that the country’s city of gold, Johannesburg, was the home of most of Africa’s millionaires, with 23 400 living there. Cape Town (8 900), Durban (2 700) and Pretoria (2 500) were also all in the top 10 of the list.As of June 2015, there were about 163 000 millionaires living in Africa, with combined wealth holdings of $670-billion (R9.09-trillion). Of that number, nearly 42% lived in South Africa.Cairo, Egypt had the second highest number of millionaires, with 10 200), followed by Lagos, Nigeria with 9 100 millionaires.The Ghanaian city of Accra was expected see the biggest growth in millionaires in the next decade, with numbers forecast to increase from 2 300 in 2015 to 4 100 in 2025, the report found.Nairobi (71% increase from 6 200 to 10 600) and Durban (48% increase to 4 000) had the next highest projected growth.Colin Grieve, the chief representative officer at AfrAsia Bank, said African cities were emerging as epicentres of growth and opportunity. “(They are) places where growing numbers of consumers with disposable income are congregating,” he said.“Successful entrepreneurs are seizing the opportunity to provide products and services to these expanding markets and in doing so, generating wealth for themselves and their communities.”Click on the image below for a larger view.Sources: New World WealthIn another report released in July, Plettenberg Bay, on the Garden Route was named the top second home hotspot in South Africa for the super-rich, with over 120 homes valued at R20-million or more. It is the highest of any town in the country with the exception of Johannesburg and Cape Town.New World Wealth reported that other second home hotspots for the super-rich were Umhlanga and La Lucia (230) in Durban, Knysna on the Garden Route (230), Stellenbosch in Western Cape (170) and Franschoek in Western Cape (70). In these towns, local and foreign buyers made their second homes. These statistics exclude major cities.Multimillionaires or the super-rich refer to individuals with net assets of $10-million (R120-million) or more.This article was originally posted on the News24 wire.
Categories: Howrylak News,News