RANCHI: Five men have been arrested and two police officers suspended amid outrage across the country over the fatal mob attack on a man in Jharkhand last week. The police are on the lookout for at least one more person accused of beating 24-year-old Tabrez Ansari last Tuesday for allegedly stealing a motorcycle.A 24-year-old man, who was allegedly beaten for hours is seen in a purported video being forced to chant “Jai Shri Ram” and “Jai Hanuman”, died four days later, police said on Monday. Also Read – IAF receives its first Rafale fighter jet from FranceA Special Investigation Team has been set up to look into the death of Tabrez Ansari, who was declared brought dead to the Tata Main Hospital in Jamshedpur on June 22, Saturday, police said. The recently married Ansari was rushed to the Saraikela Sadar (district) Hospital after he complained of uneasiness on June 21, three days after he was tied to a pole and beaten with sticks through the night of June 18. On June 22, he was referred to the Tata Hospital in Jamshedpur. Also Read – Cosmology trio win Nobel Physics Prize”We have formed an SIT to probe into the matter… and it has already conducted raids in the area on Sunday night,” Superintendent of Police Karthik S said. Asked about the purported video of the incident, which is being circulated widely on social media and in which a mob is heard forcing Ansari to chant the slogans, Karthik S said a case has been lodged against an accused of inciting “communal sentiments”. “Papu Mandal has been arrested and an inquiry into the incident is on,” the SP added. Ansari’s assault took place on June 18 when he was returning here from Jamshedpur, about 30 km from here, with two friends. Some villagers caught them and accused them of stealing a motorcycle at Dhatkidih village in Seraikela-Kharsawan district, police officials said. Though Ansari’s friends managed to escape, he was tied to a pole and beaten up with sticks through the night, they said. He was then handed over to police by the villagers, the SP said. Ansari’s wife has filed a complaint in which she has named several people, a police officer said.
However the incident prompted an immediate response online, with many criticising the authorities for “pandering to a tiny percentage of Edinburgh’s public”.Scott Cockburn wrote: “If you rent or buy in High St, do you think it’s a quiet flat? Ridiculous. Council should be representing majority and tourism rather than handcuffing pipers. Madness.”Marion McLaren, said it was “ridiculous” to use the hard-pressed resources of Police Scotland to chase buskers when the force did not “have enough officers and money to tackle real offences”.There was also some support for the action of the police, with Wes Murdiff saying that that in order for a yellow card for noise pollution to be served, personal details are required.He added: “To refuse to give your details is…obstructing a police officer during the course of their duties.” Police and the city council launched the card scheme last summer to help tackle anti-social behaviour, including excessive noise levels.One survey last year found Edinburgh was the fifth worst city in the UK for complaints about noise, with Kensington and Chelsea at the top of the list.Over 14,300 complaints were made in the Scottish capital between 2015 and August 2017.Joanna Mowat, a Tory councillor in the city centre, said at the time that the problem was how to “balance residents’ rights to enjoy peace and quiet in their own home with the desire to make Edinburgh a vibrant city”. Officers engaged with the buskers asking them to consider only playing on six days of the week to give local residents some respite on one dayPolice Spokesperson He was cuffed by police in front of shocked tourists “On Sunday June 4 officers from the city centre Community Policing Team observed a bagpiper busking at Castlehill.“The noise level was clearly excessive. The busker concerned was told to stop playing and issued with a ‘yellow card’ warning which outlines the relevant legislation. A noisy bagpiper was arrested in front of shocked tourists after playing “too loudly” in the centre of Edinburgh.John McDonald was busking on the Royal Mile on Sunday, one of the city’s busiest tourist thoroughfares, leading from the castle to the Queen’s official residence at the Palace of Holyroodhouse.He was approached by officers as part of a crackdown on noisy street performances and warned about his sound levels.He is understood to have been arrested after refusing to give his details to officers from Police Scotland.A police spokesman said they actively encouraged responsible busking on a street that is popular with performers throughout the summer, especially during the city’s festivals in August.She added: “Police in Edinburgh have received complaints from local residents and a councillor about excessive noise from bagpipe buskers on the Royal Mile over the last month.“Officers engaged with the buskers asking them to consider only playing on six days of the week to give local residents some respite on one day. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings. “Once a recorded police warning has been issued, officers are required to record the busker’s details. The busker refused to comply with this and he was arrested. He was released later in the day.”Thomas Wilson, 28, another piper who saw Mr McDonald being detained, told the Sun the incident was “disgraceful”, adding: “None of us want hassle from the police.“When they asked him for his details he refused, rightly in my opinion as he had done nothing wrong.“Buskers on the Royal Mile know neighbours don’t always appreciate it so we try to keep the level below 80 decibels.“We all play with bagpipes that output at half level, that’s the noise of an ambient street. We are trying to respect the local businesses.”